There is now a marginal risk for severe weather on thursday during afternoon and evening hours. Damaging winds, hail and lightning, flooding threats.
There is a slight risk for severe weather friday afternoon and evening across all of the tennessee valley and much of the southeast. Damaging winds, hail & flash flooding possible storm hazards.
Stay tuned to Storm Central or Arron for the latest information on severe threats, timing, motion & coverage.
There is a threat for severe storms on thursday and friday. Slight risk @SPC Damaging winds, lightning & flooding threats. So remain weather alert.
STORM PREDICTION CENTER ISSUES MARGINAL RISK SEVERE STORMS ON SUNDAY AFTERNOON, EVENING.
WEATHER PREDICTION CENTER HAS ISSUED A MARGINAL FLASH FLOOD RISK FOR THE TENNESSEE VALLEY.
- Cape values from 2000 to 3000 J/K meaning moderate instability/fuel.
- Moist tropical airmass in place and PWAT values over 2″ 90% for july.
- Dewpoints in the upper 60-70’s but lack of wind shear may limit this severe threat to a certain extent.
- Damaging winds 50-60 mph will be possible which may cause power outages, and downed trees which may lead to some road closures.
- Small too large hailstones which may create very hazardous travel.
- Heavy rain 1-3″ may lead to local flash flooding across the region. Flash flooding can occur with little to no warning. Please remain alert.
- Frequent cloud to ground deadly lightning strikes will be possible.
Frontal boundary will approach early afternoon sunday. Scattered, numerous thunderstorms will develop across the area. Some may be strong to severe.
Marginal risk means the severe storms are expected to be isolated in nature but a few intense storms are likely.
Severe weather risk, threats 7/23/2017
Large slight, marginal risk for 7/23/2017
Marginal risk for flash flooding sunday
A dangerous heatwave to intensify on friday to saturday. Heat index over 100° area wide. High temperatures in 90’s.
Isolated to scattered storms possible. Some of the storms may be severe.